The Palace of Better Housing was situated on the south side of the Avenida de Palacios, immediately east of the House of Hospitality, and had been known as the Commerce and Industries / Canadian Building during the 1915-16 exposition. Within the commodious structure were located displays assembled by numerous manufacturers of home improvement products; ranging from asphalt roofing and porcelain bathroom fixtures, to furniture and fencing. At the rear of the building, in a tree-shaded park, was located the extensive two-part exhibit of the Federal Housing Administration. The "Modeltown" portion of the exhibit featured detailed scale-models of modern homes, each with a plaque describing the many features of the building, the materials used, and the exact cost of its construction. The 56 model-homes on display were designed by a variety of outstanding Southern California architects. The second portion of the exhibit was known as "Modernization Magic", and contained scale-model representations of dilapidated buildings; each of which suddenly changed, by a clever mechanical device, into a completely remodeled modern structure. A full-scale modern home, constructed entirely of steel, was also located in the F.H.A. exhibit; while live radio programs were broadcast from the Radio Exhibit's outdoor-theatre, located along the Palace of Better Housing's south facade.