Extending north from the Panama-California Exposition's Varied Industries Building was the large Churrigueresque-style Food Products Building. Located on the west of side of the Calle Cristobal, the structure resembled a Spanish-Colonial church; and featured a heavily ornamented entrance flanked by a pair of blue and yellow tile-domed bell towers, topped with wrought-iron finials. A terra-cotta tile-roofed wing projected north from the towers, and a plain-walled wing to the south, which contained decorative arches at the first level with heavily-framed windows above. On an axis with the towers was the exterior simulation of a chapel, culminating in a semi-circular apse on the west side of the building. The apse consisted of arched windows separated by heavily ornamented buttresses; with a simulated sanctuary entrance, topped by a bell-turret, placed on the south side. At the base of the apse, facing the Botanical Gardens, was an ornamented tablet dedicated to the memory of Fray Junipero Serra, founder of the Franciscan Missions of California. The tablet contained a bas-relief of Father Serra, surrounded by Churrigueresque ornamentation, and the inscription: "To the memory of Fray Junipero Serra and his fellow pioneers, whose saintly devotion and dauntless courage established Christianity and civilization in Alta California, 1769 - 1915". The interior of the building was filled with exhibits from numerous manufacturers of edible products.